Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Regular Commands in Linux

Hi,

Most of the time you may notice that you are having to give some regular commands in terminal when you start working in the morning. For example, in my case-opening up chrome, pgadmin, springsource toolsuite, skype, firefox, guake. Initially I had to click a few shortcuts or enter commands in the terminal. Then I've searched for a quicker and easier way and came up with this:

1. Opened up a text file in gedit/sublime-text.
2. Wrote this line:
#!/bin/bash
guake & /home/anik/ides/springsource/sts-3.1.0.RELEASE/STS & pgadmin3 & firefox & skype
3. Saved it as regularCommands.sh
4. Pasted the file inside /bin folder of the file system.
Then I was able to open up a terminal and just put "regularCommands" without the quotes or even omitting the ".sh" and all those programs were starting up one after another. Saves me time and energy.
Hope that helps. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment